Personal Counselling at our Office book now or Call 044 - 4230 3300/44

Tamil Nadu Medical and Dental Colleges Admission 2013

Tamil Nadu Medical and Dental Admission

Tamil Nadu Government authorized Directorate Medical Education (DME) to take care of the MBBS, BDS, Para-medical admissions in all the Tamil Nadu Government, Govt. Aided medical colleges and 50% of the seats of Self-financing (Private) Medical Colleges under Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.

In the total Medical Council of India (MCI) approved MBBS, BDS seats in Government Medical and Dental Colleges, 85% will be allotted in Tamil Nadu through Tamil Nadu Medical Admission (TNMA) through Directorate Medical Education DME at Kilpauk, Chennai and the rest 15% seats will be allotted through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). If in case, any student not joining through the AIPMT, then the seats All India Quota will be surrendered to Tamil Nadu Medical Admissions.

Nursing, Para-medical Admission 2013

For Tamil Nadu Medical Admissions, students needs to apply separately through DME and the counseling will be conducted in DME office in Kilpauk, Chennai. There will be a separate application process for MBBS/BDS, Nursing, para-medical, and certificate courses.

Reservation of Seats

The selection will be made on merit basis and by Counselling applying the rule of reservation by the Government of Tamil Nadu.

Category Reservation
Open Competition (OC) 31.0 %
Backward Class (BC) 26.5 %
Back ward Class Muslim (BCM) 03.5 %
Most Back ward Class (MBC) 20.0 %
Scheduled Caste (SC) 15.0 %
Scheduled caste Arunthathiyar (SCA) 03.0 %
Scheduled Tribe (ST) 01.0 %

Special Reservation in Government Colleges

Seats earmarked for the special categories will be allotted following the Horizontal Reservation. The Seats will be allotted as per merit order in the concerned special category and those seats will be deducted in the concerned compartment (OC/ BC/BCM/ MBC/DC/ SC/ SCA/ST) and the remaining seats will be allotted to the General Category. If no eligible candidates are available for the seats earmarked under special category, those seats will be added to general pool and alloted on merit basis.

 
 
 
 
 

Ask Your Tamil Nadu Medical Admission Doubts

Email ID   Kindly Sign in (Login In) before Submitting the Doubt.
Type Valid email id (Ex: name@gmail.com).
Doubt
   

Our Educational Expert Clarifications

Mar 15, 2013
Arpanita
name
IISc Questions

How many reservation seats available for forward caste(fc) ?

31% of seats in all Govt. colleges are allocated of Open competition (OC) as the forward caste is under OC.

Mar 07, 2013
Arun
name
IISc Questions

Are there entrance exams for medical courses in Tamilnadu?

There is no entrance exams for Tamil Nadu medical colleges or courses. You have to apply for tamil nadu medical admission with your 12th marks.

Mar 21, 2013
Vinotha
name
IISc Questions

When will the application form for MBBS and BDS counselling be given ?

The MBBS/BDS applications will be issued at the time of +2 results. The application dates are not announced till now.

Mar 26, 2012
Sathees
name
IISc Questions

How to apply for Nursing Colleges in Tamil Nadu? or Para Medical Courses?

Application forms will be issued by Directorate Medical Education after the Tamil Nadu +2 results. You can buy seperate application for Nursing courses.

Mar 26, 2012
Bhramma prakash
name
IISc Questions

Where will I get Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS Appplication ?

You can buy MBBS/ BDs Application forms in all Govt Medical Colleges including Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.

Mar 27, 2012
Vasunthra
name
IISc Questions

How to apply Medical and Dental Colleges in Tamil Nadu?

Medical/ Dental Appliction forms will be issued by the Tamil Nadu Medical council for applying Medical and Dental colleges.

Mar 25, 2012
L Ragavan
name
IISc Questions

Where will I get Tamil Nadu Nursing or Para Medical Appplication

You can buy Nursing and Para Medical applications in All Government Medical colleges.

Top Top

044 - 4230 3300/44
TIME: 10:00AM - 07:00PM
SUNDAY HOLIDAY
Last Updated on 17-04-2014
The site best viewed on IE 8 & Above, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.