Eligibility of DASA 2013 | Direct Admission of Students Abroad
DASA - Eligibility
Candidates must be Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) studying in any country (including India) / Indian Nationals studying abroad. In case of Indian Nationals studying abroad they must have completed the 11th and 12th standard or equivalent from outside only.
Date of Birth
- Only candidates born on or after October 01, 1988 are eligible.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be taken as authentic.
DASA - Academic Eligibility
- Student must have passed the qualifying examination, that is. Senior Secondary [10+2] or equivalent from any education system recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates should have completed successfully with Mathematics and Physics and one of these (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th and 12th as applicable in the respective board.
- Must have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale or equivalent grades in all the subjects of the qualifying examination.
- Students appearing for the qualifying examination with the above-mentioned subjects in the academic year and expecting their final results latest by 15th September 2013 may also apply.
- Student should have a minimum total score of 1440 in SAT Subject Tests (subjects: Maths level II, Physics and Chemistry). For more details on SAT Subject Tests (also known as SAT II) visit website: CollegeBoard.
- SAT subject tests score has to be submitted online through CollegeBoard to NITK Surathkal (designated institute code : 6530). SAT subject scores received till May 29, 2013 only will be considered for allotment under first, second and third merit list.
Ask Your Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) 2013 Doubts
Our Educational Expert Clarifications
My son has got 1700 score in SAT exams. Is there any chance to get admission in NIT under dasa scheme for mechanical or Electronis brnach in NIT Surathkal, Nagpur or Raipur ?
Every year the number of students appearing in SAT is increasing and many students looking for studying in Abroad. For India, the complexity in admission cannot be measured by one single year data. Because, every year the number of students scoring will defer. visit the DASA seats availabel in all NITs.
Is there any change in the Residential requirement for DASA this year 2012 ?
Yes for NRIs the Residential requirement has been changed from 2 years to 3 years.
Feb 17, 2012
Does SAT score mandatory for the engineering admission in India Under DASA scheme ?
Yes SAT score is mandatory for engineering Admission in India for NRIs, Foreign Nationals, PIOs under DASA Scheme.